The meeting commenced at 6:13 PM and the meeting attendance sign-in was completed and provided to Jay W. Board members present at the meeting were Keith E., Analia B., and Robert A.
Minutes from the August 2018 meeting are posted on Facebook. SSOB officers for 2018 – 2019 were voted-in unanimously and will start in October.
- President: Keith E.
- Vice President: Neil P.
- Secretary: Analia B.
- Treasurer: Sue N.
- Cellar Master: Robert A.
- Activity Director: John D.
- Web Master: Charles O.
- Membership: Carolyn F.
- Newsletter: Earlene S.
Taddy Porter by Sam Smith, a commercial example of an English Porter presented by Robert A.
- Style of the Month for October is American Amber, and Style of the Month for November is Smoked Beer.
- A bottle share will be helped September 29th at Earlene and Mike’s house. The theme is Mexican cuisine.
- The State of Jefferson Brewfest was cancelled due to the Delta Fire.
- NCHF will be September 14th through 15th and about 10 SSOB members will attend.
- Redding Beer and Wine Festival is September 22 at the Cascade Theater in Redding. Members interested in helping should contact Analia.
Smoked English Porter from Robert A.
Farmhouse Belgian Wit by John D.
Farmhouse Ale with Mandarina hops by Mark R.
The Treasurerwas not present. All hard-copy records of financials, memberships, and cashbox were lost in the Carr Fire. Digital files were kept, but are not current. Recovering information and records will be a process.
A discussion was held about hosting an AHA Homebrew Club Competition in 2019.
IPA by Walter G.
- The Second Annual Mendocino County Homebrew Festival is being held on November 3rd.
- The 2018 Pacific Brewers Cup is being hosted by The Strand Brewers Club on September 29th.
- The 22nd Annual Queen of Beer Competition is being held on December 8th.
Slammin’ Salmon by Mad River, a commercial beer presented by Bob B.
Double Espresso Stout by Earlene and Mike S.
The next regular club meeting will be held on October 3rd, 2018 at 6:00 PM. An SSOB Board Meeting is scheduled prior to the October chapter meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Please note that this reproduction of the minutes is editorialized for readability. The original minutes as entered into the books are available to members on Facebook.